bench  benchbenchbench bench   bench

Bylaw Enforcement & Animal Control

The goal of Bylaw Enforcement is to gain voluntary compliance with the City regulatory bylaw requirements using the following means: inform, educate and as a last resort, enforce.  The City has two part-time bylaw officers and provides bylaw enforcement services seven days per week.  Bylaw Officers are given the task to investigate complaints received from the public about alleged violations of various municipal bylaws. These regulations may include such things as:

  • Property Conditions, including graffiti
  • Traffic Control
  • City Parking Lots
  • Animal Control
  • Excessive Noise
  • Signs (Unauthorized placement/construction)
  • Business Licensing
  • Zoning
  • Building

Bylaw staff provides bylaw enforcement service within the City of Powell River in a fair, conscientious and consistent manner. The operation of the City Pound is carried out by bylaw enforcement staff.

How to make a Bylaw Complaint

The Bylaw department will receive complaints in various ways:

  • by phone at 604-485-8600
  • by email 
  • in person at City Hall, 6910 Duncan Street

Please ensure that all complainants include the following information:

  • Name, address and telephone number of complainant
  • Detailed description of the complaint 

Anonymous complaints will not be accepted by the City. 

Annual Dog Licensing Fees                                          

For Every Dog - $30.00                                                                              
For every dog if paid before March 1st - $24.00
For every dog that has moved into the City after June 30th - $15.00
Replacement License Tag - $5.00

Dog License Application Form

Areas Where Dogs Are Prohibited

Willingdon Beach Park – May 1st  to September 15th 

Willingdon Beach Walkway & Float – All Year

Mowat Bay Park – May 1st to September 15th

Related Bylaws

Parking Lot Bylaw 2313, 2012

Traffic Bylaw 931, 1978

Zoning Bylaw 2100, 2006

Noise Control Bylaw 1913, 2000

Council Policy regarding noise complaints

Click here to search other City Bylaws

General Information Sheets

Keeping Poultry in the City

Tips & Information on building a predator resistant chicken coop

Encroaching hedges and trees is regulated in the Traffic Bylaw

Derelict Vehicles



Powered by CivicWeb CMS - © Copyright 2013 iCompass Technologies Inc.